Regarding the suspension of the requirement to be tested for SAI-CoV2 before entering Vietnam:
According to the announcement of the World Health Organization, now the COVID-19 epidemic has begun to tend to reduce both the number of cases and deaths on a global scale; Basic vaccines are still effective against variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Many countries and territories have gradually relaxed anti-epidemic measures, including the requirement for COVID-19 testing for entry.
In Vietnam, after a period of drastic and synchronous implementation of solutions for epidemic prevention, safe and flexible adaptation, and effective control of the COVID-19 epidemic, epidemic prevention has brought positive results. pole. The number of new cases in the country has decreased continuously since March 15, 2022, the number of severe disease transmissions, the number of deaths related to COVID-19 has reduced, and the coverage of vaccines against COVID-19 has decreased. high. In that context, the Ministry of Health has issued a document directing the cessation of medical declaration for people entering Vietnam from April 27, 2022.
To ensure the application of epidemic prevention and control measures, and at the same time create favorable conditions to promote socio-economic recovery and development activities in accordance with the spirit of the Resolutions of the Government, the Prime Minister command:
- We are temporarily suspending the requirement to be tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus before entering Vietnam from 00:00 on May 15, 2022. The Ministry of Health closely monitors the epidemic situation and promptly directs people to take measures suitable for disease prevention and control.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs directs Vietnamese agencies abroad to notify persons wishing to enter Vietnam to fulfill requirements on epidemic prevention and control under the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
- The Ministry of Transport directs airlines to take measures to prevent and control the epidemic on means of transport under the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
- Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities strictly implement measures on epidemic prevention and control in their localities in the direction of guidance of the Ministry of Health and related ministries and branches
- Request the Ministers, the Heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the agencies attached to the Government, and the Presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities to continue to focus on directing the implementation of measures to prevent and control the COVID-19 epidemic; regularly inspect and promptly handle arising problems according to their competence or report them to competent authorities as prescribed.
– Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Ministers of CP;
– Office of the General Secretary;
– Office of the Party Central Committee;
– Congress office;
– Office of the President;
– Central Propaganda Department;
– Members of the National Steering Committee for epidemic prevention and control Covid-19.