Saigon ( Another name is Ho Chi Minh City) is known as the economic center of Viet Nam and is also a famous tourist destination for foreign tourists. Traveling to Saigon is coming to the diverse beauty of many cultures. Tourists who travel to Ho Chi Minh city can experience the culinary culture and extremely attractive street food in Saigon.
1. Pha Lau Dishes – Food in Saigon
For tourists traveling to Ho Chi Minh city or VietNam for the first time, The Pha Lau dish is made of animal organs: stomach, intestine, lungs, liver, heart… marinated with spices, fried until golden brown, and boiled again until soft. Coconut milk is the main ingredient of the broth, making the broth sweet and fatty. When eating Pha Lau, diners can eat with bread, which will bring a different flavor that only Saigon has. You can find the dish in every small alley in the streets of Saigon. This is a popular street food that attracts near and far tourists when visiting young and dynamic Ho Chi Minh city.
Reference price : 35,000-65,000 VND/dish ( 3-4$)
- Pha Lau Mr.Li: 1A Suong Nguyet Anh, District 1, HCM city ( 20.000d – 50.000d/dish)
- Pha Lau Mrs.Thao: 243 Ton Dan Street, Ward 15, District 4, City. Ho Chi Minh City (25,000d/ dish)
- Pha Lau Mrs. Nui Saigon: 243/30 Ton Dan Street, Ward 15, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City (10,000- 30,000d/ dish)
- Pha Lau Mrs. Hat: 533 Ba Hat, Ward 8, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City (20,000d/dish)
- Phá lấu Cô Oanh: Alley 200 Xom Chieu, Ward 14, District 4, HCM city (25,000d/ dish)
2. Banh Trang Tron – Saigon Street foods
When talking about Banh Trang Tron (Mixed rice paper), many young people in Viet Nam must know it well. This is a dish originating from Central in Vietnam but has now become a popular dish throughout the country. In Saigon, Banh Trang Tron brings a little more flavor to the South. The dish is popular because of the small rice paper attached to raw beef jerky, dried shrimp, quail eggs, mango, laksa leaves, satay, shrimp, and a little kumquat, creating a sweet and spicy taste. Diners feel the unique deliciousness of mixed rice paper thanks to a little spicy and small laksa leaves.
Reference price : 15,000-35,000 VND/dish (1-2$)
- Quán bánh tráng trộn Sài Gòn Hòa Hảo: Hoa Hao Street, In front of Lot S, Ngo Gia Tu apartment building, District 10, HCMC
- Bánh tráng trộn Long: 34 Nguyen Thuong Hien, District 3, HCM city.
- Quán bánh tráng trộn Sài Gòn Chú Viên: 38 Nguyen Thuong Hien, Ward 5, District 3, HCMC.
- Bánh tráng trộn Sài Gòn sa tế Thủy Long An: 108/2 Le Tu Tai, Ward 4, Phu Nhuan District, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- Quán bánh tráng trộn TPHCM Nhật Quỳnh: 78/10 Ho Thi Ky, Ward 1, District 10, City. HCM.
3. Banh Trang Nuong Dish – Street food in Ho Chi Minh city
There is another way of processing ‘Rice paper’. First, the rice paper is placed on the griddle, the eggs are beaten with scallions and dried shrimp and then spread evenly on the surface of the cake. Just add a little chili sauce, fold it and diners can enjoy the mouth-watering dish. This is a dish that is sold on many streets and is loved by Saigon people. With unusual taste, fast processing time, and low price, grilled rice paper is a dish that appears regularly in the daily life of local people.
Reference price : 15,000-35,000 VND/dish (1-2$)
- Quán Góc Đà Lạt: 386/43B Lê Văn Sĩ, phường 14, quận 3, TPHCM
- Quán bánh tráng Cao Thắng: 61 Cao Thang, Ward 3, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Bánh tráng C002: 002 lô C, chung cư 23/49 Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Bình thạnh, TPHCM.
- Bánh tráng Mắm Ruốc: 173 Cao Thang, Ward 12, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City\
4. Fried dough – Food tour in Ho Chi Minh
The fried dough dish is prepared quite simply with a recipe from fried flour, eggs, shredded papaya and soy sauce, and green onions. Crispy fried dough served with soy sauce adds a rich, delicious flavor. Many people when coming to Saigon have to admire it because a dish seems to be simple, from easy-to-find ingredients, easy to make but has such a special taste. Come to Saigon on cold days to enjoy this delicious fried dough.
Reference price: 45 thousand VND/disc
- Dat Thanh Fried dough: 277 Vo Van Tan, Ward 5, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Van Thanh Fried Flour – Vo Van Ta: Alley 185 Vo Van Tan, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Fried Noodles, Fried Flour – Nguyen Kim: 187 Nguyen Kim, Ward 6, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- Hoai Thuong- Fried dough near Cho Lon post office: 280 Hai Thuong Lan Ong, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
5. Bap rang – Street food in Saigon tours
Referring to Bap rang (Roasted popcorn), you probably already know how this street food in Saigon is so delicious and greasy taste. This dish is popular all over the country with a unique flavor that creates a distinct regional style. Bap rang is made from easy-to-find ingredients such as sweet corn, dried shrimp, and green onions with a little butter. The sweet and soft corn kernels, mixed in cheesy butter, the crispiness of fried shrimp, the lard, and the aroma of green onions all blend to create a delicious dish you can’t forget.
Reference price: 15,000- 30,000 thousand VND/disc( 1$)
- Miss Ba – Stir-fried Corn with Salted Eggs: 24c Cao Thang, Ward 5, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Stir-fried Corn in Turtle Lake: 118 Cô Giang, Phường 2, Phú Nhuận, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh
- SUDO Stir-fried corn with salted egg: 435/47/12c, 47 Huynh Tan Phat, Tan Thuan Dong, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
- Sauteed Corn – 17 Pham Ngoc Thach: 17 Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Dung Food stall: 030 Lot S Ngo Gia Tu Apartment, Hoa Hao, Ward 2, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh City
6. Snail dishes in Saigon – Saigon local food tours
Snail is a portion of very popular street food in Saigon with many different ways of processing, giving it an unmistakable taste. And Saigon snail dish has a special flavor of Southern people. Processed from many types of snails into many different dishes such as boiled snails, fried snails with spicy tamarind, fried snails with chili pepper, grilled snails … for users to choose freely. Combined with the characteristic sweet dipping sauce, spicy chili, and salted figs, it creates a dish with the dusty style of Saigon people. You can easily find and enjoy snail dishes all over the streets of Saigon. In particular, try this dish in winter, its characteristic hot and spicy flavor will give you a feeling of relaxation on cold days.
Reference price: 80,000- 200,000 thousand VND/disc( 3-10$)
- Oc Nhu district 10: 650/4/29D Dien Bien Phu Street, Ward 11, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- Oc Nho in District 4: 178 Le Quoc Hung Street, Ward 12, District 4, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- Oc Dao District 1: 212B/C79 đường Nguyễn Trãi, phường Nguyễn Cư Trinh, quận 1, TP. HCM
- Snail Quang Anh To Hien Thanh: 189 To Hien Thanh Street, Ward 13, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- Ốc Hòa Trường Sa: Truong Sa, Ward 3, Tan Binh District, HCM City
7. Hot vit lon (Egg’s duck) – Street food Saigon
Hot Vit Lon is the name of the South in Vietnam, the North in Vietnam calls Duck Eggs. This dish is extremely nutritious, cheap, and very tasty. This is a popular dish appearing in the daily life of local people across the country. The dish is quite special for tourists when coming to Saigon because boiled duck seeds will be served with chopped vegetables, ginger, a little peanut, and soy sauce to create an unforgettable flavor the first time you enjoy it. There are especially more attractive roasted duck seeds with tamarind. This delicious, nutritious-cheap street food is quite sought after in Saigon because it is easy to eat and creates a strange feeling.
Reference price : 7,000 VND/egg ( = 0,3$)
- Phương Thao Food stall: 104 Xuan Thuy, Thao Dien, District 2
- Hot Vit Lon 72: 72 Xo Viet Nghe Tinh, Ward 21, Binh Thanh.
- Trung Hiếu Food stall: No. 02 Tran Binh Trong, Ward 5, Binh Thanh
- Hot Vit Lon Bien Hoa – CN Go Vap: 298 Nguyen Van Cong, Ward 15, Go Vap
- 94 Food stall: 196 Ba Hat, Ward 9, District 10
8. Hu Tieu – Street food in Saigon
Hu Tieu, this street food in Saigon has a strange name and also has very special taste. A lot of people confuse it with Pho, but it’s not. Saigon noodle soup has created characteristics, a very Southern style. This dish is considered a specialty and is of particular interest to customers. Soft metal combined with water is carefully processed, adding little special delicious spices to create a specialty dish with a strong flavor of the people of the South. If eating noodles, remember to add some raw vegetables to make the dish more flavorful. Just like Hanoi pho, if you don’t enjoy noodles, you have not been to Saigon.
Reference price: 35,000 – 60,000 VND/bowl ( 2$-3$)
- Hu Tieu Pham Van Hai: 154/56 Pham Van Hai, Ward 3, Tan Binh District, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Hu Tieu 18 Ly Thai To: 18 Ly Thai To, Ward 2, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Hu Tieu Nam Vang Quynh : A65 Nguyen Trai, Ward Nguyen Cu Trinh, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh.
- Hu Tieu 52 Tan Hung Dao: 52 Tran Hung Dao, Ward 11, District 5, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Hu Tieu food stall with braised ribs: alley 192 Ngo Quyen, Ward 8, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh.
9. Ram bap – Must-try food in Saigon
“Ram bap ” dish has its name from the Central Region in Viet Nam, coming to Saigon, it is varied and has its unique style that is not the same . If the original Ram is made from onion and shrimp is wrapped in Ram paper, the Saigon Ram Bap is wrapped with sweet corn, adding a little price of scallions to bring a different, greasy, delicious taste. Anyone who has tasted this street food in Saigon will certainly not forget the fatty taste of each corn kernel in the crispy layer of ram. Try to taste corn ram once, you will want to enjoy it again and again.
Reference price: 35,000 VND – 55,000 VND/disc.( 2$-3$ )
- Don Quang Ngai: 298/2a Le Van Quoi, Binh Tan District
- Ram Bap & Oc Hut District 2: 199 Trần Não, P. Bình An, Quận 2, TP. HCM
- Banh Xeo & Cha Ram Bap District 10: 95/10 Bac Hai, Ward 15, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh City.
10. Che Saigon – Sweet soup dessert in Saigon
No other land can gather as many “Che” dishes as in Saigon. With the land from many different cultures, Che Saigon is extremely diversity in taste, color, and processing. Culinary critics commented that Che Hanoi focuses on taste, Che Hue focuses on color and food presentation and Saigon tea pays great attention to the diversity of ingredients. In addition, Che is a blend of sparkling colors, and this street food in Saigon can be flexibly processed according to each person’s taste.
Reference price: 15,000 VND- 35.000d/bowl. ( 1-2$ )
- Che Khánh Vy: 032 Lô H Chung Cư Ngô Gia Tự, P. 2, Quận 10, TP. HCM.
- Che My : 168A Nguyen Van Dau, Ward 7, Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh City
- Che Y Phuong: 382 Nguyen Tri Phuong Street, Ward 4, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
- Che Co Bay: 384 Su Van Hanh, Ward 2, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
- Che Ha Ky: 138 Chau Van Liem Street, Ward 11, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
11. Fresh spring roll (Goi Cuon ) – Food tours in Ho Chi Minh
Goi Cuon can be found anywhere on the streets of Saigon. Just a thin slice of rice paper as the outer layer, inside a roll of a few fresh peeled boiled shrimps, lean pork, rice noodle, herbs, a cup of soy sauce, spring rolls become a delicious snack. many people like it. The quintessence of spring rolls lies in the bowl of dipping sauce. Each restaurant has its secret to making dipping sauce for each type of roll with an unmistakable taste.
Reference price: 5,000 VND- 25.000d/roll. ( 1$ )
- Jumping Shrimp Goi Cuon – Saigon Goi Cuon Restaurant: 424 Lac Long Quan, Ward 5, District 11, HCM City.
- Hoi An Crab Soup & Spring Roll: 212B/D28/2 Nguyen Trai, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- Spring roll Le Van Sy: 359/1/9A Le Van Sy, District 3, HCM city.
- Spring roll Hanh: 420A Hoa Hao, Ward 5, District 10, HCM City.
12. Fried vermicelli (Bun xao) – Must-try food in Saigon tours
Processed differently in many areas of VietNam, but the most popular is still vegetarian vermicelli with bean sprouts, cabbage, wood ear, and crispy spring rolls. This dish is easy to eat, so it is popular with many Vietnamese people. The aroma of fried vermicelli is mainly determined by the noodles: small and chewy without being too dry. Stir-fried vermicelli can be easily found in every street of Saigon.
Reference price: 15,000 VND- 25.000d/bowl. ( 1$ )
- Bun Xao Ho Thi Ky: 27, Ho Thi Ky, Ward 1, District 10
- Bun Xao Tran Phu: 418/5 Tran Phu, Ward 7, District 5
13. Crab soup – Street Food Tour in Ho Chi Minh city
Crab soup is one of the popular breakfast dishes that many people love in Saigon. To clarify, The main ingredients are crab meat, straw mushrooms, quail eggs, and tapioca starch, plus spices such as cilantro, and powdered pepper…. For the first time, the tourists traveling to Saigon can feel a strange taste of the soup. But after that, Abroad travelers will quickly “addicted” to this nutritious dish. After every rainy afternoon in Saigon, the crab soup shops in all the alleys are crowded with people…
Reference price: 30,000 VND- 65.000d/bowl. ( 2-3$ )
- Crap soup Hanh: 517 Su Van Hanh, District 1, HCMC
- Crab soup at Notre Dame: 86 Nguyen Du, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Crab soup Thiec market: 166 Pho Co Dieu, District 11, HCM city
- Crab Soup Ho Thi Ky market: 68/4 Ho Thi Ky, District 10, HCM city
- Crab soup Đang Van Ngu: 176 Dang Van Ngu, Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City
14. Bo Bia – Street food in Saigon
Often confused with spring rolls, Bo Bia has a slightly more sophisticated way of processing. Originating from Chinese cuisine, over many years, Bo Bia has gradually changed, but still revolves around 5 main ingredients: sausages, dried shrimps, duck eggs, cassava roots, and salads are rolled with a thin layer of rice paper outside, dipped in a special soy sauce.
Reference price: 5,000 VND- 20.000d/bowl. ( 1$ )
- Bo Bia Saigon Tran Binh Trong: 210 Tran Binh Trong, District 5
- Bo Bia Ly: Nguyen Van Giai, District 1
- Bo Bia Sai Gon Suong Nguyet Anh: 93 Cach Mang Thang 8, District 1.
15. Tai Yen cake ( Ear Nest cake) – Food tour in Ho Chi Minh
At first, the villagers called the “Tai Yen” cake is Edible bird’s nest” because the shape of this cake seems like a bird’s nest. And then after a long time, Vietnamese people read it as “Ear Nest”. In some places, Tai Yen cake is also called cone cake. A “true quality” ear cake must ensure the crispy outside and chewy inside of cooked rice flour in the heart of the cake with the cool sweetness of sugar and coconut water, besides the shape requirements, color,…
Reference price: 15,000 VND- 25.000d/bowl. ( 1$ )
- Quai Vac Cake & Tai Yen Cake: 138 Nguyen Trai, Ward 3, District 5, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- Tai Yen: The corner of the intersection of Hai Ba Trung – Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe Ward, District 01, City. Ho Chi Minh City.
16. Com Tam Sai Gon (Steamed Broken Rice ) – Must-try Food in SAIGON
Coming to Saigon, visitors just need to ask the people in Saigon “which specialty dish should be eaten first?”, the answer will be “Com Tam”. Com Tam is one of the most popular breakfast dishes of Saigon people. However, Steamed Broken Rice is currently a familiar dish for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for Saigon people. A special feature of Com Tam Sai Gon is that the rice used to cook is broken rice grains. A famous plate of broken rice is not only delicious, but behind it is a story of the poverty and hardship of the Vietnamese people in the past. Therefore, the Korean EBS television station has a clip about this delicious dish in Saigon.
Reference price: 25,000 VND- 65.000d/bowl. ( 1-3$ )
- Com Tam Phuc Loc Tho: 236 Dinh Tien Hoang, Da Kao, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- Com Tam Tu Map: 89-91 Dong Den, Ward 12, Tan Binh District
- Com Tam Bui Saigon: 100 Thach Thi Thanh, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh City.
- Com Tam Ba Ghien: 84 Dang Van Ngu, Ward 10, Phu Nhuan District;
- Com tam Cha Cua: 113 Nguyen Phi Khanh, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1.
17. Xoi Saigon (Sticky rice) – Street food in Saigon Tour
Xoi- is not only a delicious and attractive dish for many Saigon people, but it is also a feature of Vietnamese culinary culture. Vietnamese people love sticky rice (Xoi) in their breakfast. Nobody knows how long this dish was created, even who, but at the present, it is one of the most popular dishes ordered on the meal table in the morning. Hope you try this once, anytime you have a chance to visit Vietnam. You may like to have choices between salty and sweet tastes. Saigon people cook sticky rice very spontaneously, no matter what can be eaten with sticky rice, another special sticky rice dish will be born. The secret to delicious sticky rice must come from glutinous rice grains, and how to cook so that the sticky rice grains are flexible but firm, soft but not crushed. Glutinous rice can be cooked with coconut juice or pre-soaked with pineapple juice to make it fragrant.
Reference price: 10,000 VND- 45.000d/bowl. ( 1-2$ )
- Sticky rice Mrs. Lan: 14b Ky Dong, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Sticky rice in Ba Chieu Market: Ba Chieu Market, 318/1 Bui Huu Nghia, Ward 1, Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh City
- Mama Chang: 318 Hoa Hao, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
- Sticky rice with lotus leaf: 34 Ngo Thi Thu Minh, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City
- Nguyen Dinh Chieu sticky rice: 568 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
18. Chuoi Chien – Banana fries in Saigon
Chuoi cake is popular street food in Sai Gon, with a special flavor of banana combined with crispy dough outside and a little sesame seeds, there will be a special experience for local Saigon people. Chuoi cake is usually sold on hawker carts everywhere on the street Sai Gon, so you just a little attention to find out these dishes.
Reference price: 15,000 VND- 25.000d/bowl. ( 1$ )
- Chuoi chien: 81 Van Kiep, Ward 3, Binh Thanh District, TP. HCM
- Ms. Tram: 13 Hoa Hiep, Tan Binh District, TP. HCM
- French fries & fried bananas – Ho Thi Ky: 69/24B Ho Thi Ky, Ward 1, District 10, TP. HCM
- Ms. Hong: 95/55 Truong Chinh, Ward 12, Tan Binh District, TP. HCM
- Saigon fried banana – Truong Han Sieu: 40 Truong Han Sieu, P. Da Kao, District 1, TP. HCM
19. Banh my Saigon – Street foods in Saigon
Banh My is one of the most popular street foods in Vietnam. With Saigon people, Banh my became a favorite dish with various toppings. Local people in Saigon like to eat banh mi with Chinese sausage, lean pork paste, egg, chicken, and pork,.. is cooked in any way and you also choose a unique flavor for yourself. Coming to street food Saigon tours to know how incredible Banh my and these foods in here.
Reference price: 10,000 VND- 40.000d/bowl. ( 1-2$ )
- Hoang Yen – Saigon Bakery: 654/1 Pham Van Chi, Ward 8, District 6, HCMC
- Tu Hai Banh Mi Sticks: 356 Dinh Tien Hoang, District 1. Ho Chi Minh City
- Huynh Hoa Bread: 26 Le Thi Rieng, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, HCMC
- Co Diep Bread: 238 Vo Thanh Trang, Ward 11, Tan Binh District, HCMC
- Hoa Ma Bread: 53 Cao Thang, District 3, HCMC
20. Pho – Street food in Saigon
Pho is a traditional food of Vietnam, which also be considered one of the most typical foods in Vietnamese cuisine. So there will be a regret if the travelers aren’t enjoyed the best food in Vietnam. The main ingredients of pho are rice noodles and broth with meats, ingredients, etc., which are thinly sliced. Pho is usually beef noodle soup, but there are also chicken noodle soup, pork noodle soup, and shrimp noodle soup,… When coming to Ho Chi Minh City, pho still retains its flavor with fresh vegetables including smell vessel, basil, bean sprouts…
Reference price: 35,000 VND- 65.000d/bowl. ( 2$-3$ )
- Pho Hoa: 260A Pasteur, Ward 8, District 3, HCM city
- Pho Thin: 10 Le Thi Hong Gam, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, HCM city
- Pho Phu Vuong: 339 Le Van Sy, Ward 1, Tan Binh District, HCM city
- Pho Hung: 243 Nguyen Trai, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, HCM city
- Pho Le: 415 Nguyen Trai, Ward 7, District 5, HCM city
Street foods in Saigon are diverse but it is difficult to feel the real flavors of Ho Chi Minh City, Which are deeply hidden in the alleys and sometimes haven’t an address. So you will need a Local Tour Guide, Who can find out the delicious food in Saigon at a cheap price and short time. Coming to Saigonloccaltour, You will receive a specific travel schedule with a dedicated local tour guide in Saigon.