Ho Chi Minh City Tours & Day Trips – Saigon Local Tour
If you are setting up a vacation, you definitely should set foot in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), which is one of the most hustle and bustle cities in Southeast Asia Vietnam. This charming city has an irrepressible soul and entrepreneurial energy. Moreover, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) has acquired a reputation for a wide range of things including local cuisines, stunning landscapes and a wealth of history, culture through the time. Certainly, your trip would not be complete without a visit to Saigon mostly because this enchanting city will develop a sense of enjoyment. To be more precise, from in the early part of the morning until midnight, you will have ample opportunity to immerse yourself in a vibrant atmosphere and a variety of amazing things in some popular attractions such as Bitexco Financial Tower, Cu Chi Tunnels, War Remnants Museum, Binh Tay Market, and Cat Tien National Park. It is apparent that Saigon in all of the time always offers you unforgettable things to do, see and taste. This is the reason why Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) has become an ideal destination for visitors to discover the authentic insight into the local way of life, get a deeper understanding of the historical war stories and capture a great shot of the beautiful city. Let Saigon Local Tour awake your travel sense!
Saigon Local Tour - Different Taste of Saigon Travel with Locals
Easy Saigon Vietnam Trips Planning
- Speak 1-1 with a dedicated Vietnam Travel Expert
- Free Inquiry - Promptly Response - Consistent service - Seamless itineraries
- We share commitment to quality & the delivery of authentic Saigon tour packages
Local Expert Customizing
- Over 18 years of experience in tailoring Ho Chi Minh City tour packages
- Hand-picked accommodations with thorough scouts
- Your time, your pace - No limited change, without charge
Authentic Tours from Ho Chi Minh City
- We want you to go home with amazing stories about your Vietnam trips
- Unlock the real Vietnam, local insights
- Visit local families, rural farmers, and experience local life
- Tripadvisor Hall of Fame for eight years in row (2015 to 2023)
- Thousands of customers chose us each year including Celebrities, M.I.C.Es, TV Shows
We are Proud of A Leading Saigon Tour Package
We are True Locals
People of Saigon Local Tour are locals that were born and grew up in Ho Chi Minh City. We consider travel the most meaningful and wonderful way to share the overwhelming love for our hometown with others. From travel consultants, bloggers, tour guides to drivers, you will completely feel we are not working merely for being paid. We are doing profoundly for our pride of hosts welcoming our honor guess
We exceed expectation
Your satisfaction and happiness from sending us an inquiry to receiving our farewell after your trip is the utmost part of everything we work. Our services are created to get that right and ensure that your experiences are as perfect as it can be possible.
You are unique and so is your journey
"Your trip is absolutely personal, bespoke, and stress-free" is our strong commitment to you. We hear from you and care about what matters to you the most. All is done to handcraft a trip that is completely perfect for you and we belive that you will love it. From a private visit to a vibrant floating market to impressive discovery at the legendary Cu Chi Tunnels. Whatever you need, we can make it for you.
Another Destination, Another Experience
No effort has been spared to bring you the most distinctive and authentic Ho Chi Minh City tours. We give you the promise of no dogdy detours and no commission-based shopping stops. We wish you will come back home with a ton of interesting stories to tell and unforgettable memories to remember.
Ho Chi Minh City Day Tours & Trips by Theme
Dubbed “a city never sleeps”, Ho Chi Minh City is a place that is suitable for all visitors, a place that satisfies the needs of entertainment as well as a passion for discovering historical sites, places that still exist after historical wars.
Away from the city to immerse yourself in the vast river nature, this area will surely surprise you with the river life of the people, their daily life, and activities associated with the river from birth to adulthood.
The Southern part of Vietnam is the most mesmerizing land ever. The authentic things create flawless art, let the tour itineraries in South Vietnam below awaken your sense of travel. Go for it!
From the point of departure - Ho Chi Minh City, visitors have the opportunity to join tours to various destinations throughout Vietnam, for both those who enjoy trekking in the mountains to scuba diving, this tour is sure to fulfill all your wishes.
Top-Picked Ho Chi Minh City Tours
Tour Route: Ho Chi Minh City - Nam Cat Tien National Park - Ho Chi Minh City
- Discover the diverse wildlife and endangered species of Nam Cat Tien National Park.
- Experience the magic of a two-hour night cruise into the jungle, where you can observe wild animals.
- Bike through the forest to capture the beauty of the enchanting Heaven Waterfall and explore the botanical garden.
- Embark on a trekking adventure to the Crocodile Lake, encountering diverse bird species and soaking in the natural beauty of the surroundings.
Tour Route: War Remnants Museum - Saigon Opera House - Central Post Office - ChoLon - Thien Hau Temple
- Explore busy streets
- Get a personal introduction to Ho Chi Minh City attractions
- Enjoy the lively atmosphere of a local market
- Learn the secrets of Vietnamese cuisine
- Learn to prepare famous local recipes
- Enjoy the home-hosted meal
- Get great recipes and surprise guests back home
Tour Route: Reunification Palace – War Remnants Museum – Notre Dame Cathedral & Saigon Old Post Office – Ben Thanh Market – Cu Chi Tunnels
- Have a chance to get the beautiful shots of Ho Chi Minh City
- Visit the historical relics in Ho Chi Minh City
- Experience the most bustling market in Southern Vietnam: Ben Thanh Market
- Explore Cu Chi Tunnel - one of the most famous battlegrounds in the world
- Feast on delicious Southern Vietnamese cuisine
Tour Route: Cai Be Floating Market - Tan An Town - Mekong Delta
- Discover the lively Mekong Delta and Cai Be Floating Market in a single day.
- Immerse in local culture as you cruise the scenic rivers and witness the bustling floating market.
- Enjoy a serene rowing boat ride through shady canals, observing traditional houses and interacting with farmers.
- Savor a delicious lunch and listen to traditional folk music while exploring orchards and fruit plantations.
- Conclude your day with a cruise back to Vinh Long and transfer to Ho Chi Minh City.
Tour Route: Saigon - Mekong Delta Area - Phu Quoc - Saigon
- Cruise along the Mekong Delta, visit Unicorn Island, and experience the local village life.
- Explore the bustling Cai Rang Floating Market, the largest market in the Mekong Delta.
- Fly to Phu Quoc and enjoy the beautiful beaches, visit fishing ports, and discover local attractions.
- Experience snorkeling and fishing on the islets of Phu Quoc, surrounded by crystal-clear waters.
- Relax on the beach and indulge in the delicious seafood of Phu Quoc before returning to Ho Chi Minh City.
Tour Route: Saigon - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho - Saigon
- Explore My Tho and Ben Tre, witnessing the charming stilt houses and fruit plantations on a boat ride along the river.
- Visit Tortoise Island, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, and experience the authentic rural lifestyle.
- Cruise through the small channels to Cai Rang Floating Market, immersing yourself in the bustling market atmosphere.
- Discover a rice noodle making village and savor delicious rice noodles for breakfast.
- Interact with locals, try your hand at rowing a boat, and enjoy a local lunch before returning to Saigon.
South Vietnam Tours From Ho CHi Minh City
Tour Route: Hanoi - Halong - Ninh Binh - Hoi An - Ho Chi Minh City
- Explore Hanoi's historic sites, vibrant streets, and serene lakes for an introduction to the city's charm.
- Sail amidst Ha Long Bay's limestone formations, kayak, and unwind on a private island.
- Cycle through rural landscapes, experience local hospitality during a homestay, and discover Ninh Binh's natural beauty.
- Wander Hoi An's ancient alleys, visit tailor shops, and enjoy its bustling nightlife.
- Try crab fishing, take a basket boat tour, and join a cooking class to master Vietnamese cuisine.
Tour Route: Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho – Ho Chi Minh
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of Ho Chi Minh City with visits to historical sites like Reunification Palace and Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Explore the intricate Cu Chi Tunnels, a fascinating underground network used during the Vietnam War.
- Cruise along Mekong Delta's waterways, enjoy fruit orchards, and witness local life at the bustling Cai Rang Floating Market.
- Indulge in authentic Vietnamese cuisine, from street food in bustling markets to dining on a Saigon River cruise.
Tour Route: Ho Chi Minh City - Can Tho - Da Nang - Quang Nam - Hanoi - Halong Bay - Hanoi
- Immerse in the local life of Cai Be Floating Market, and explore the tropical beauty of Tan Phong Islet.
- Descend into Cu Chi Tunnels, a testament to wartime resilience, and delve into the underground world of Viet Cong fighters.
- Wander ancient streets, create tailor-made fashion at Ann Tailor, and master local culinary secrets during a cooking class.
- Discover Hanoi's cultural treasures, from Hoan Kiem Lake to ancient temples.
- Embark on a breathtaking cruise through Ha Long Bay's stunning landscape and explore hidden caves.
Tour Route: Saigon - Cai Be - Sa Dec - Vinh Long - Can Tho - Saigon - Nam Cat Tien National Park - Saigon
- Cruise through vibrant floating markets and charming villages.
- Explore diverse forests, spot wildlife, and engage in night jungle experiences.
- Experience local life in Sa Dec, witness traditional practices, and visit ancient houses.
- Enjoy sunrise views over lakes, lush orchards, and serene waterways.
- Take part in jeep rides, boat trips, and guided treks through picturesque surroundings.
Ho Chi Minh City Tour Reviews
Mesmerizing & Unforgettable Ho Chi Minh City Tour
"At first, making the initial reservation for our tours was simple because of easy mail correspondence. The tour guide always arrived on time in a small van & a friendly driver. Thanks to his excellent English skills, we're heard fabulous commentary about the tourist sites we visited. Besides, we enjoyed the personal attention and service while cruising along the Mekong Delta. It made our vacation in Vietnam absolutely pleasure and enjoyable. Special thanks to Ms. Jeanny and I will highly recommend Saigon Local Tour to all my friends!"
Anna Dorris and Daniel James
Ms. Lynn & Ms. Jodi are superstars of Saigon Local Tour!
"From the moment I started planning my first trip to Vietnam about 6 months ago to our visit to Ho Chi Minh City last week, our tour was faultless. Saigon Local Tour offers us great things, which all made our Saigon experience the best. Everything exceeds our expectation. I love taking photographs and I had a lot of chance to do it in Mekong Delta. I could recommend for those who are planning Ho Chi Minh City Tours and do not know what you should do first, contact Saigon Local Tour and they will do the rest!"
Emily Wilson & Her Friend
Unlocking Hidden Treasures of Ho Chi Minh City with Saigon Local Tour
"Our Vietnam trip was an extraordinary adventure, made possible by the exceptional services of Saigon Local Tour. From start to finish, every moment exceeded our expectations. The highlight was our captivating journey to the Cu Chi Tunnels, where Saigon Local Tour curated an unforgettable experience. If you're seeking an unparalleled adventure in Ho Chi Minh City, look no further than Saigon Local Tour for an unforgettable journey."
Michael Brown & His Family
A Journey Beyond Expectations in Ho Chi Minh City
Prepare to be amazed! Saigon Local Tour not only met but exceeded all our expectations during our incredible journey through Ho Chi Minh City. Their meticulous attention to detail and extensive knowledge elevated our experience to new heights, leaving us in awe at every turn. For an extraordinary and unforgettable adventure in Ho Chi Minh City, look no further than Saigon Local Tour.
Saigon Travel Blog
Unveiling Saigon’s Artistic Haven: Top 5 Art Galleries in Ho Chi Minh City
Saigon’s art scene has experienced significant growth in the past decade, evolving from a few small commercial galleries to a vibrant and diverse culture that spotlights young Vietnamese artists. Vietnamese visual art encompasses a wide range of mediums, including handcrafts, woodwork, lacquer, silk, clay, bronze, painting, and sculpture. Initially, Vietnamese [...]
Infomation in saigon trips
People and life in Saigon
Saigon people are known as friendly and generous people. The enthusiasm and hospitality of them to travelers are no doubt, so travelers who come to tour Saigon will be impressed by the people here. Especially, the life of Saigon is bustling and full of colorful, you can wait until 12:00 pm and realize that Saigon is still awake with lots of street foods, music, and stream of people going around.
Transportation in Saigon
As a reputable Saigon tour agency, Saigon Local Tour will introduce regular transportation that local people use.
- Bicycle: usually use for short distances or when you want to enjoin the moment of street in Ho Chi Minh city.
- Motobike: is the most popular vehicle of Vietnam people, easy to move in the alleys of Hanoi.
- Car: Vehicle suitable for tourists, avoiding the inclement weather and dust of Hanoi city
- Bus: cheap transportation for tourists, you need to look for suitable routes. Moving by bus can lose more time than motorbike and car for your Saigon tour. It is also crowded sometimes so you need to be careful with your package
Traffic in Saigon
Vietnam's population density is higher than European countries, so Tourists traveling to Vietnam can be overwhelmed by the number of vehicles moving on the road. Especially, the big cities of Vietnam such as Hanoi, and Ho Chi Minh, … often has serious traffic jams. To have the best day trips from Saigon, visitors need to note a few things when participating in Vietnamese traffic:
- Avoiding the rush-hour traffic (7:30 am- 9:00 am and 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm)
- Don't be afraid when pasting by the road, just be careful and drivers will reduce speed.
- Flexible and lean the way moving with the same speech as others.
- Motobike is easy to move than the car in the street of Saigon.
Festivals & Events in Saigon
Tet holiday is the biggest holiday for Vietnamese people. Travelers can enjoy the festive atmosphere of Tet from January to February. At this time, people are busy and eager to prepare for the Tet holiday. The traditional markets are full colors of flowers, with the scarlet color of Tet decorations. The flow of people also seems to be more crowded. Banh Chung dishes, cardinal red, peach blossom branch, and Kumquat Trees are sold everywhere. One more attraction for travelers who come to tours from Saigon. If you come to Vietnam for the official Tet holiday (1/1- 4/1 in the Lunar calendar), you will see empty streets with no restaurants or markets.
Mid-Autumn Festival is an ordinary holiday in East Asian and Southeast Asian countries. This holiday is beginning from different ancient stories: “Hang Nga and Hau Nghe”, “King Duong Minh Hoang went to the moon” and the story of ”Uncle Cuoi” of Vietnam. Mid-Autumn Festival in Vietnam is usually known for its Lion dance tradition and mid-autumn festival lanterns. This holiday is expected from children in Vietnam, hoping to receive a lot of confectionery. Especially, Trung Thu cake only appears at Mid-Autumn Festival, and Saigon people will enjoy this delicious food with a few cups of tea on the night of the Mid-Autumn Festival. Coming to Saigon day tours and discovering
Although Chrismas is not a traditional festival in Vietnam, International integration has brought this festival coming up to Vietnam. A large number of young Saigon people wait for the Christmas holiday, as the moment to hang out with friends and family.
Climate in Saigon
Saigon has 4 seasons in a year that are not as hot and sultry as the North or Central region. The temperature in Saigon fluctuates around 27 degrees Celsius, on hot days the peak can reach 40 degrees Celsius.
Saigon weather is divided into two main seasons, the dry season and the rainy season. In particular, the rainy season lasts from May to November, with sudden rains so you need to bring suitable clothes.
Healthy & Safety in Saigon
Saigon Local Tour makes each precaution to make sure the journeys are safe, enjoyable, and fun for everyone. The company takes the health and safety of its visitors carefully in each day tours, private tours,.. from Hanoi. We advise all passengers to get the most recent information prior to boarding from their local government or regional travel guide agency.
Besides it, Covid-19 in Hanoi almost is controlled with more than 100 cases each day. Anyways, Hanoi local people usually bring masks and use hand sanitizer to reduce the infection rate.
But if you want to know more about Safety in Saigon, we think that you need more attention to your luggage and personal belongings. Because this city usually has accidents related to theft.
Shopping in Saigon
In a developing country like Vietnam, small markets appear around on streets and become the most popular buying and selling among Vietnamese people. You can find the cheapest and the most familiar things there, from light meals, clothes,..to sundry things. If you want to experience a tour in Saigon, you can spend your time enjoying the life of local Hanoians in the market.
With the rapid development of the economy, Shopping mall centers are built in a quick way. If you want shopping with full of entertainment facilities such as the movie theater, High-end fashion shops, restaurants,...Mall Shop is the best choice for your Saigon tour.
You can see a lot of small shops on Hanoi’s streets. With many local brands of clothes, traditional foods, fast foods, coffee, souvenir,...But sometimes there are too many things to discover, so you can find a Saigon tour guide to help you.
Wearing in Saigon
If you travel to Saigon during the rainy season( from May to November), you will need to bring an umbrella or a raincoat with sudden rains in Saigon. Besides it, for visitors coming to Vietnam, costumes when visiting spiritual places of Asians such as temples, pagodas, and tombs, ... need to be polite and not too revealing.
The weather in Saigon is changing so fast, although the day is hot and sunny, the night is sometimes refreshing. Therefore, in your luggage, you should also have 1-2 thin coats to prevent cold weather or protect your skin from the hot sun with sunglasses and sunscreen during the dry season .